Thursday, May 19, 2011

showering

My dear friends I & C are expecting their first child in July, a baby boy. I & C hail from Romania and she swore she would never, ever become a mother. As a jet setter who is addicted to travel she just couldn't see how a baby would fit into their lifestyle. But she had a change of heart and now we are all anxiously awaiting baby Marcus.
She shared a baby shower with another Romanian couple and I got to be in charge of the decorating. Yay! Who are we kidding, it's not like they'd be dumb enough to put me in charge of the food.
(Naia and I sewing garland.)

I knew that my friend I and the other mama E didn't want "baby-ish" stuff, so I went with a travel/ international theme. The party was supposed to be on the beach, but the weather washed out our plans and we were moved to a small picnic pavillion, but a good time was still had by all. Here's a little peek...
(The maps were all freecycled. Zach and I used a circle paper punch and used every square inch of many many maps. The printed passport themed items came from the etsy shop Paper & Pigtails. She was a joy to work with and the items were customizable. I wrote everything in English & Romanian wherever I could.)

(The glass flower vases and the glass votive holders came from the Dollar Store. I decoupaged them with more maps, added a ribbon trim, and a coin. I tried to match the coin to the map where I could, or at least come close.)

 (These little glass shakers with the metal holey top are also Dollar Store finds. I filled them with Dollar Store glass beads and put in these pinwheels made from maps.Some I made and then I got the rest at Elizabeth Street on etsy.)

(Atlas confetti in airplane shapes, how could I resist? They came from The Candy Shoppe. These were I's favorite thing from the party!)

And of course being a bunch of crazy Romanians there was an ocean's worth of wine and drinks, lots of dance music, and they partied until midnight. We slunk home at 8:30pm, yeah, party poopers right?
Here's wishing these two new mamas all of the very best with their baby boys!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...